Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's the unexpected warm fuzzies...

So I just got paid...(hee hee I'm experiencing a flashback from B'ham)

Anyway I went to the money-man's office and as usual we chat for extended amounts of time about Youth Odyssey and future plans. Then he comes out and says that they (Board Members) see a lot of potential in me to move YO up to the next level. I was truly taken back by that compliment. He compared me to the past executive director who was able to turn YO around and expand in new ways. I knew that they liked my performance but had no idea that they had bigger plans for me.

Seems like every week more responsibilities are being placed on my plate, which is fine because they are coming gradually as we re-organize YO from the bottom up. However, I cannot help but question myself. Can I bring YO up to the level the Board is envisioning? The shoes left behind are rather large ones. Right now they fit but the future seems to be experiencing a massive growth spurt. I know that I'm here for a reason and that God will supply all my needs through His Son. So it's the patience thing...taking one step at a time I guess.

Overall, I'm ecstatic about where YO is heading and the doors that are opening in front of me. Just wanted to share with everyone. Please pray that I can fill the shoes left behind

1 comment:

Matt Johnson said...

Well, they sure are lucky to have you there. We miss ya here in WA, but it sure sounds like you're doing a great job over there. Congratulations and good luck!