Ok. Now I never had any strong desire to actually participate in this "sport". Walking around with a gun full of paint balls (that look like you could drop them into bath water) in attempt to decorate your opponents in a splattered fashion just never appealed to me.
However, my coworkers and I celebrated Kathy's birthday paintballing. I decided to go because it was her birthday and I enjoy the people I work with. I mean how often do you get to shoot guns at your boss?! Surprisingly it was a lot of fun. We all rented our gear, loaded up the guns, chose teams, and played war for 2.5 hours. Granted each game takes maybe 10-20 minutes depending on the course. The first three games were in a town. I was on the defending team first and really had no idea what I was doing. I got hit maybe 10 mins into the game and walked out. After that game we decided not to play with the young ones who had automatic superguns that shot off 50million balls at once. They were way too cocky with their fancy equipment and armor. I mean one guy left the game twice before entering again because he had to "clean" out his barrel. So we decided that we "old" people in regular street clothes would play by ourselves and drive the cocky ones crazy with how much fun we were having.
The second game I was the defending sharpshooter on the second floor; and we won with our awesome strategizing and my priceless aim. That was a blast!!! I got so many people out. I guess that hunter's education class all those years ago really did stick with me (Thanks mom and dad). The third game we women were the attackers. Dodging balls right and left as we dove into vacated buildings and became one with the trees. Kathy and I covered Amber as she snuck in behind the guys and forced them to surrender, one chose to fight to the death. We won that one also.
Next we moved onto the field with old rusted cars, pallets, and debris to hide from and ambush the other team. We played three games here. Two I was on the attacking team and one I was the defending team. Attacking was a lot more involved because you didn't know where the others were till you heard "ping ping ping" past your head. In my covert stealth mode I snuck up, scrambling from obstacle to obstacle hunting me prey. Once I chose to go after some more advanced players who were right in front of me. I got one but had to quickly hide behind a log praying that I could scrunch down enough to not be seen. After about five minutes the rapid fire ceased...but I wasn't done yet...oh no. I was the last person alive on my team and chasing the two men in black. I had a good hiding spot but then ran out of air pressure in my gun. Luckily a fellow attacker tossed me his super gun and I finished my balls within seconds before having to end the game on a "lack of balls" call, hee hee hee. The next game I was about 30 feet from my opponent who sneakily let me get close enough before she forced me to take cover behind a stump out in the open. Back and forth we went...I couldn't give up there was no place for me to go!!! Then a lucky shot and she was out. I ran around a debris pile and finished off the last of the defenders. Victorious I we walked back to reload. The final game I was the defender and had a perfect spot. Again I was the last man standing as two snuck up on me from both side and "wham!", got hit in the inner thigh.
We played 6 games of various teams and I was in the winning team 4 of the 6 and my endurance kept me alive till the end most times. To the effect that in that 2.5 hours I only got hit once (gonna have a nice welt) and I wasn't playing it safe all the time I was dodging and diving from everyone. All in all. I underestimated paint ball. It's a lot of fun. The strategy and stealthness of this sport Will help me I'm sure in the future as I chase after kids of all ages. I can see how this can become addictive. Expensive but addictive. I'm not a big fan of war games but every once in awhile it's good to hone up your skills just in case aliens come down and the only way to kill them is with paint. When that happens Super Sniper Becky will be there.
1 comment:
You go crazy Becky!!! hehe
I am watching "March of the Penguins", and it was really sad when some of them lost their eggs. =(
Post a Comment